How are data-driven decisions put into practice in the real world? How do these decisions differ when applied to different sectors, such as health care, education and government? This intermediate-level course will provide answers to these questions as well as recommendations for decision-making based on data analytics for each sector. The course will begin with an introduction of Big Data, then continue into a deeper dive on its implications within each sector. Industry case studies make the concepts applicable in the real-world.
- Explain the management implications of the use of business intelligence and knowledge management systems
- Define Big Data and describe its current uses for analysis and future potential and its implications
- Explain common analytics for business and quality improvement
- Recommend manufacturing business decisions based on data analytics
- Explain common analytics used in health care
- Recommend health care decisions based on data analytics
- Explain common analytics used in education
- Recommend educational decisions based in data analytics
- Explain common analytics used in government
- Recommend governmental decisions based on data analytics
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.